Saturday, February 25, 2012

Whoa... I'M A POET & DON'T KNOW IT! ... kinda sorta

Lol,  A poet???  Notta!  Not by a long shot,  But... I was doing one of my favorite sports, Blog Hopping, & came across this blog that posted this neat site to try your hand at writing a poem of your own.  It was suppose to make me smile.  I was inspired!  I gave it a try... it did and it was fun!  The set up is very simple, very easy.  Sooo... if you've ever wanted to write a poem, but thought you didn't have the knack for it, go ahead & give this a try.  It really was fun!  (That is until I tried to post the link up.)  This most likely will be the one & only poem that I will ever write!  ;-)   

MY POEM 

I used to worry I was unmotivated
I used to believe life was helter-skelter


I used to wish I was more creative
magickal
intuitive.


Then one night
I looked out my window
and saw a moon


A beautiful
mystical
perfect moon.


I nearly choked
on the epiphany


We arrive inside
an envelope
of bones


There is nothing to be done
about this


So fill it with optimism
let it brim
with wisdom.



*I have to apologize, I'm still not too good at this & haven't figured out how to get the link under the image so please just 

Click here:  WRITE A POEM 

2 comments:

  1. How "freakin" cool. I love it. I am going to give it a try and see what comes up. Also, love the blog makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cytrine! Spring is around the corner, time for a change! Though I know you write awesome poems yourself, this is fun to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete